Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Woes of a Gunfighter

I wonder just how much Cable really loved Domino.

Selflessness has a unique pain at times. A characteristic all it's own depending on the circumstance. Understanding, as a companion is no less sharp and has no respect in it's cutting. What needs to be held should be held. What needs to be cared for shall be cared for. What needs to be thought of will be thought of. And what must be let go must be let go of.

But what if I'm tired of letting go? What if I'm tired of seeing my freinds deal with lifes bogeys on their own? What if for their sake, I want to enter into the furball and splash targets? I am not new to struggle. I am not new to conflict. What if I want to put nose on target and hear the growling? I am a Gunfighter! There are none better.

But what should be a flight of two is flight of one with precious cargo. I don't want to fight alone. I don't want to fly alone. Because back at the nest, I don't want to be without those that I've come to love. Because back at the nest, I want to hold you and talk to you. Because back at the nest I want to put your head on my shoulder and squeeze. I want to pull you in close and tell you that you and your precious cargo are both precious too me and I want to do so every day as long as my engines continue to roar.

In the company of eagles, bonds should not so lightly be broken.

Or made?

No comments: