Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sylvanna and her progress

The progress on Sylvanna has been nil. Now that fact by itself doesn't bother me too much. I've just been busy with Turbine Dump as well as some other curve balls life has been throwing at me. However, it's about time to change all that. I have just about all the parts I need to get 'er done except for a few key things.

1) Turbo: I'm still undecided on what turbo I want to use.
2) Shocks/struts/springs: I still haven't decided how I want to deal with ride height.

There is also the fact that I'm starting to suffer from mission creep. Team 321 has an excellent universal IRS setup that would be an amazing addition, but I really think I need to continue on without thinking about this and revisit the idea at some point later in time.

The biggest thing I need to do is get the AW71 out and the AW372 in. That's going to involve a bellhousing swap with an AW70, a custom tranny mount, and a custom driveshaft. The mount has prompted me to dust off my 3 years of mechanical drawing from high school and start learning Qcad. I'm sure that once the drawings are done, I can have a part re-made whenever I need.

Thats' the thought at least.  

No comments: