Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Decision made, money sent

Well, I've changed gears and am dropping the idea of using the T04 V trim wheel in the ported Nissan housing. While it would've been cool fer shizzle, I really would like to make my objective of 300hp. Either that, or have the potential in the turbo I'm running. And based so far on the combo of things that I have, I should be there.

What do I have so far?

* Ported, polished, grooved 530 head with a new cam
* Ported and port matched exhaust 90+ manifold
* Ported and port matched intake manifold
* 3" exhaust including a 3" dp

Now the tricks that I hope should get me over the top will include...

* Garret T3/T4 with a .48 Cosworth housing and a T04e 46 trim .70 AR cold side.
* Grooved head which allows me to run pretty advanced timing without having to resort to race gas.

The head flows more then enough for a 300hp objective without a doubt. That turbo does as well. Let's now see if there is something else in the way, but I really, really doubt that I won't make my objective.

For giggles, here is a picture of the compressor side housing next to a T04b setup.





Now tell me that's not going to move some air!

Now just to decide if I want to polish it or bead blast it and seal with paint.

No comments: