Monday, March 31, 2008

Absolutely Perfect!

As I've said before, I'm slow on the uptake with new music. I'm still not sure why.

There are a couple of tunes I've heared on the SomaFM (somafm.com) Secret Agent channel that caught my attention. Way smooth and mellow Jazz in a South American/West Indies (Caribbean) style with bits of electronica around the edges.

Then I heard parts of one of the songs again while watching Top Gear! In particular, during the trip to Spain and the racecourse / resort while showing The Stig and his helmeted girlfriend in the pool.

As it turns out, it was Bebel Gilberto.



I've had an attraction this sound for some time and now is just about the first time I've put a name or face to it. Awesome that it's such a gorgeous woman.



And more pics.




I'm including some of these songs on a birthday CD compilation for a friend. I hope she appreciates it.

No comments: