Friday, October 17, 2008

Below the layer

What a killer morning
In a lights out REM conveyance
through places far richer then here
Or up there at the surface in Everyday
Through those places I walked
That shop holding that brilliant man
at the floor of Carbon Canyon
"You are not there in the surface version!"
Yours: A wheeled sea of gray whatever
Dotted by those gems of 555
You: The emotive behind their motive!
"Yes sir, I will give them your love",
though I suspect it's only I that knows you.

WTF is wrong with me?!?

So I walk
stumbling into places that aren't known
Escape perhaps from being labelled as ugly
But I know that's not the case
These wanderings into dark dens
filled with purveyors of confusion and dred
Familiar, but not real
Fear generators in the interest of warning

But that's all behind by some ways
and the sun is out
Morning light on incarnadine formations
Afill with narrow passages and equipment
Those freindly and feminine modern alchemist
That spent assistant in wanna-be-jimmy-buffet
All setting me down into the cool embrace of friendly chatter

But from the aft decks of submerged boats
That urgent feeling grows strong
This comfort is bad!
That cooing about over Staggerwing drops
in a now transitioning background
fading away for good

No comments: