Thursday, October 16, 2008

The plot thickens

I am definitely working a different modus these days. One that is not entirely stable. Near emotional extremes with brutal transitions. I'm not depressed, down, sad, or whatever, but I've certainly hit some lows. One of them dished out via my employer (tho in all honestly, not entirely their fault). The highs on the other hand have been stellar. These aren't merely contrived or the results of some chemical imbalance (:rofl:) either. Some absolutely wonderful things have happened.

I'm smiling even thinking about this stuff. I'm smiling even though I feel I'm on the edge of a precipice. Even though I feel empty and queasy.

Funny enough, even my workouts are affected by this whatever. Same goes for my diet. Some weeks back (about 4 now) I finally decided that I'm going to go back to doing what I know is right for me. Eating in a way that I know is good for my body. I'm not entirely sure I'm doing it right as I feel like I'm starving nearly all the time, but then I spent a good deal of my 20's feeling like I was starving. Tons and tons of water, fruit, vegetables, and some meat every now and then. I do know a heck of a lot more then I did back then so I've allready began to make appropriate adjustments.

The workouts on the other hand have become like an audience with a monster. A showcase of raw energy and aural rage. Funny that considering I have the hardest time just starting a workout. Once there however, I feel like Leonidas.

As a matter of fact, all of life has me feeling like Leonidas these days.

Maybe it's just when I slow down that the tears come.

Whatever the case, this is the onset of tumult. A time I know is going to require delicate steps.

But why all the fanfare when I know the answers?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's good that you've got a plan for your diet and workout. It sounds like you're on the road to really being in shape.

Have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? You might want to try it out if you're looking for a drink that will help you lose weight while also giving you a nice boost of energy. It's zero calories and comes in a tasty Tropical Blast flavor too. Check it out at www.stacker2.com

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, BDKR. I work with Stacker 2 so if you have any questions about the drink feel free to ask me. I'd love to hear what you think of it! Have a great day.

Andy Gerrard
Brand Ambassador
andystacker2@gmail.com

BDKR said...

No Andy, I don't mind at all.