Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I need to find and shoot the source of that little voice

I'm not sure where or how I developed this little nag of a voice that complains and rationalizes away the actual act of getting things done. It's like a constant fight that I'm in. Even as I start working on things, that voice is with me the entire time saying "That's enough for today", or "You're almost out of sunlight", or "Sheesh, that's going to be some hard work".

There are times when it's been a real pain in the butt. I'll hem-haw and walk around in circles when I should be working out. That "little punk" (I sware I'm going to shoot that fool when I catch him!) suggesting I play with the cat, play my guitar, play Q3 freeze tag, play KoboDL. Everything BUT what it is I was trying to do.

This weekend was more of the same. I had a lot of things I wanted to get done. Tho I accomplished a good deal, I started off late because I was listenting to bonehead.

You know, about the only time when I'm alone and not plauged by this racket is when I have the mp3 player on my head or when some music is going in general. Then I just get into it and hours pass.

Anyway, it's certainly nice when you fight through and just get it done. I finally got the head unit, sub, and guage set out of Sylvanna and into Motoko as well as figuring out what some racket was under hard accelleration. I even started testing a Type H BOV I got at a yard sale. Oh, I also edged the front yard when I found my spare roll of line.

Last night after taking a shower, I took the car out, parked at the beach, rolled down the windows, and turned up the tunes. I leaned the chair back and took the remote in hand so I didn't have to get up.

Yeah,that's the shiza right there!

I just wish Lauren was around.

Anyway, I'm going to banish that little voice once and for all real soon here. There is too much work to be done. I'm a soldier with a loooonnnnnnggggggg target list to service so whiny little voices have no future here.

1 comment:

maggie said...

lol we all have that little voice!!!
everytime I have to study, the little voice tells me "wash the dishes...wash the dishes...iron the clothes...lol-